8 Amazing Benefits of Dates That You Never Knew
Dates are one-seeded berries, often oblong and vary in shape, size, quality, and consistency of the flesh.They can be eaten fresh or dried. Nevertheless, whether a date is fresh or dry, their health benefits remains plentifully the same. Dates are not precisely nutritional powerhouses as sesame seeds and other dietary fruits; however, they offer numerous health advantages,coupled with their excellent taste.
Brief History of Dates
Dates have been cultivated since 6000 B.C. Dates mature in groups underneath the blades of a palm tree. One group holds up to a maximum of seventeen hundred dates.
The following are 8 amazing and unusual health facts about dates:
- Prevents diarrhea-Diarrhea is a health condition that involves constant passage of watery or loose stools. Dates contain potassium mineral that manage looseness of the bowels. They are easily digestible; hence solves diarrheal difficulties.
- Energy boost-Dates have a high content of sugars making them an instantaneous energy powerhouse.
- Prevents night blindness-Dates have vitamin A and B12, which helps prevent night blindness. However, this benefit is best felt if the dates are taken on daily basis.
- A cure for abdominal cancer-They are therapeutic for treating gastric cancer. They are all-natural medication; hence does not have any adverse side-effects on the body.
- Useful to pregnant women– A date is an outstanding cure for all intestinal disruptions such as excessive belatedness experienced by women during the pregnancy period. This is because, they have a high content of soluble fiber, which promotes comfortable passage of food hence relieving pregnant women from constipation. The soluble fibers also promote healthy bowel movements eliminating intestinal disruptions.
- Prevent anemia-Dates are rich in iron; hence prevent anemia in adults and unborn children. They prevent hemorrhage in women soon after giving birth.
- Improves functioning of the nervous system-The central nervous system carries signal to and from the brain and to the spinal cord and the rest of the body parts. The abundant content of potassium in dates fosters proper functioning of the nervous system. Potassium mineral controls the rate of heart beat, hence regulates pressure levels. The large quantity of potassium in dates prevents substantial risk of heart stroke by fifty percent.
- Prevents allergies– One of the fascinating facts about dates is the presence of sulfur in them. Although sulfur is not a common element in most foods, it has worthwhile health benefits. It reduces seasonal allergies and allergy reactions.
Unusual Uses of Dates
Dates have high levels of flavonoids and estradiol components. These components increase one’s sperm count and motility. Also, they increase the weight and size of the man’s testes. Therefore, if you want a masculine boost, dates are the best fruits to take.
Dates are secretive ‘sex portions’ that increases one’s sexual endurance. They raise one’s sexual stamina and ability to enjoy sex. They improve sterility caused by functional problems.
Health Benefits of Dates| Organicfacts
Health Benefits of Dates – Promoting Heart, Brain, and Digestive Health| Naturalsociety
Top 10 Health Benefits of Dates| indiaparenting
14 Dates health benefits and fruit nutrition facts| healthbenefitstimes